Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Disagreeing Respectfully

A disagreement with your Wife, family or friends, is a feeling that is easy and common to have.

If you have learned how to disagree without being disagreeable, then you have discovered the secret of getting along - whether it be business, family and friendships, or life itself.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.
We may disagree on some things, but we can do so without being disagreeable.

The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree, but still hold hands.
Be willing to listen.

Begin with a commitment to listen - be open minded and consider other points of view. Listen regardless of whether you agree or disagree with what's said. Resist the urge to jump to conclusions; be defensive or be argumentative with the speaker.

Be patient, we often interrupt because we are afraid we will forget our point(s). Do not interrupt allow the speaker to finish what she/he has to say. Don't finish the speaker's sentences because you think they're taking too long to get to the point. Focus on what is being said instead of what you think is going to be said.

Leaders who win the respect of others are the ones who deliver more than they promise, not the ones who promise more than they can deliver.”

Until we respect ourselves how can we respect someone else?
If you feel that you’re not respected, start respecting others.

To finalize if I believe I am really right, am I living what I want ones to believe in. Am I treating others as I want to be treated?
I am really trying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment