Friday, January 1, 2010

Blame Myself, not someone else.

Going through life, obstacles come upon us, bad luck and wrong choices we have to get through.
How many times have I made a wrong decision or in sports I made a error, I traveled,
passed or threw to the wrong person. Many times in my 30 yrs. of sports.
Now looking back, how many of those times I made the mistake. I blamed it on someone else?
Taking responsibility is hard to do.
We'll the answer to that is probably majority of the times through the years.
Yes there were times that is was someone else that assisted me in the mistakes or the errors.
Now how many times around the house I have, misplaced something, spilled or broke or
even burnt something while cooking and blamed it on my Wife or Son?
Now yes, there was definitely times that items were moved from the area I like it in.
And times I have tripped over something that was not picked up that should have been.
But if I would blow my top, and then put the blame on both of them for every time something went wrong, that would be my fault.
It is very easy to be able to put the blame on the other person.
It is tough for me, and every other human to admit or say, " It was my fault or I was wrong"
Any one of us can look back during our school years, and blame my teachers, or parents,
for not learning as much as I needed to, to make it in life.
Or I can look back and say, I could have studied more. I could have asked the teacher or Parents for more help.
Sometimes there are some cases I might have needed some extra help, that I did not receive,
but if I did not feel I understood everything. During my High School years I could have taken extra classes in the summer.
I could dwell in the past, but I am living now. My favorite line is "Tough live with it. "
Why would I want to blame someone else, for my physical condition I might not be pleased with. It is not the fast food's fault, my wife's or my mother's. I did not have to eat as much as
I did. And it would be up to me to exercise the extra weight off.
Overall, being a full grown man, I need to come out and just take the responsibility of all my faults, without blaming others for my short comings.

No comments:

Post a Comment